- 1. How many toy cars are in that circle?
- 2. Guess as close as you can.
- 3. Give an answer you know is too high.
- 4. Give an answer you know is too low.
- 5. What information will you need to know to solve the problem?
- 6. What was the percent error of your answer?
- 7. How would your estimates have to change to get a more accurate answer?
- 8. It is estimated that 10,000 different Hot Wheels cars have been produced since 1967. How large of a circle would it take to fit all those cars inside?
- 9. Take a long piece of string. Draw a circle in chalk outside using that string as its radius. Estimate how many cars would fit inside and then calculate it.
- 10. How much did it cost?